TRAINING the SCENT WHEEL
DOG:
|
Syn
|
|||
DATE:
|
7/31/2012
|
|||
SCENT TYPE: (clothing/saliva/swab/other)
|
Earl Gray tea bag
|
|||
ORIGIN:
|
Cupboard
|
|||
DATE OF CAPTURE:
|
||||
AGE WHEN USED:
|
24 hours
|
|||
SAMPLE CONDITION:
(frozen/refrigerated/room temp/other)
|
Room temp
|
|||
SAMPLE STATE:
(gauze/dental cotton/cloth/hydrated/other)
|
Dry tea bag
|
|||
INTENSITY: (# of holes)
|
Open
|
|||
CONTAINER TYPE:
|
Pill bottle
|
|||
# of CONTAINERS:
|
6
|
|||
# of SCENT OPTIONS:
|
1 tea bag, 5 shredded paper
|
|||
MODE of PRESENTATION:
(hand/surface/wheel/other)
|
Scent wheel
|
|||
SESSIONS:
|
1
|
2
|
||
Description
|
||||
Reps:
|
10
|
10
|
||
% Success Rate:
|
80
|
100
|
||
Time:
|
2:22
|
2:57
|
||
ORIGIN of SAMPLE:
COMMENTS: There were 2 false positives in the first session. The
dog indicates as she approaches the wheel – I expect she’s indicating that she
can smell the scent in that area, which is terrific, but I’m holding out for a
specific indication of a specific location. I expect putting lids on with holes
will contain the scent better. The first time was faster because the false
positives happen immediately.
The dog is running to the wheel, and circling
the board methodically. I don’t think she could be working faster or better.
Working like this, the only time difference will be in whether she hits the
scent early or late in the search.
No comments:
Post a Comment