Saturday, July 28, 2012

Syn Scenting: Day 4-1

She's definitely airscenting and marking when she first scents the kibble. When she's not giving me a clear sign of where she found the scent, if she's close to a wrong one I tell her she's "bought" it, pick it up and show her that it's empty. If she's just not close enough to the right one, I call her back and start again. Several times she went to a wrong one and came away, but wasn't more than 2" off it when she indicated. When I called her back, though, she was staring at the right one as she came back to me and headed straight for it when I sent her again, so she knows what she's looking for and she knows when she finds it. I just have to finish telling her that she has to have her muzzle within a couple of inches of the mug.

No comments:

Post a Comment