I put together a 24" wooden wheel with tomato cans on snap-on lids yesterday. Tried it out for the first time today. It's been a few days since we last trained, and with the new wheel I wanted to make it simpler, but OTOH didn't feel that Syn would need to go back to the beginning. I'll be working with open cans since I don't have enough snap-on lids to cover them yet.
I brought out a fresh teabag. No problem at all. The next time around, I took out the can that held the fresh teabag and put the old dry bag in another can. We got 2 false positives right off the bat - I suspect that part of the problem was that the fresh bag was on the table nearby. *I* could smell it. Once she figured out it wasn't the fresh scent I was looking for, Syn had no trouble, though she had to check the scents carefully the next 3 rounds.
I'd say that for Syn, the change from pill bottles on a small wheel to tin cans on a larger wheel made no difference whatsoever. Maybe slowed her down by 10 seconds or so.
|
DOG:
|
Syn
|
|||
|
DATE:
|
08.016/2012
|
|||
|
SCENT TYPE: (clothing/saliva/swab/other)
|
Earl Gray tea bag
|
|||
|
ORIGIN:
|
Cupboard
|
|||
|
DATE OF CAPTURE:
|
|
|||
|
AGE WHEN USED:
|
Brand new
|
|||
|
SAMPLE CONDITION:
(frozen/refrigerated/room temp/other)
|
Room temp
|
|||
|
SAMPLE STATE: (gauze/dental
cotton/cloth/hydrated/other)
|
Dry tea bag
|
|||
|
INTENSITY: (# of holes)
|
Open
|
|||
|
CONTAINER TYPE:
|
Tin cans
|
|||
|
# of CONTAINERS:
|
6
|
|||
|
# of SCENT OPTIONS:
|
1 tea bag
|
|||
|
MODE of PRESENTATION:
(hand/surface/wheel/other)
|
Scent wheel
|
|||
|
SESSIONS:
|
1
|
2
|
|
|
|
Description
|
Brand new bag
|
Very old dry bag
|
|
|
|
Reps:
|
10
|
10
|
|
|
|
% Success Rate:
|
100
|
80
|
|
|
|
Time:
|
2:19
|
3:50
|
|
|
No comments:
Post a Comment