DOG:
|
Syn
|
|||
DATE:
|
08.25.2012
|
|||
SCENT TYPE: (clothing/saliva/swab/other)
|
spit
|
|||
ORIGIN:
|
Donor 1
|
|||
DATE OF CAPTURE:
|
06.09.2012
|
|||
AGE WHEN USED:
|
Day 1 of HC1
|
|||
SAMPLE CONDITION: (frozen/refrigerated/room temp/other)
|
refrigerated
|
|||
SAMPLE STATE: (gauze/dental cotton/cloth/hydrated/other)
|
gauze, hydrated
|
|||
SESSIONS:
|
1
|
2
|
3
|
4
|
INTENSITY: (# of holes)
|
cap, many holes
|
|||
CONTAINER TYPE:
|
shaker in tin cans
|
|||
# of CONTAINERS:
|
6
|
5
|
5
|
5
|
# of SCENT OPTIONS:
|
3
|
3
|
3
|
3
|
MODE of PRESENTATION: (hand/surface/wheel/other)
|
scent wheel
|
scent wheel
|
scent wheel
|
scent wheel
|
Description
|
A*
|
B*
|
C*
|
D*
|
Reps:
|
10
|
10
|
10
|
10
|
% Success Rate:
|
30
|
90
|
50
|
90
|
Target in #
|
6
|
6
|
3
|
3
|
Time:
|
4:xx
|
2:58
|
long
|
1:57
|
SESSIONS:
|
5
|
|||
# of CONTAINERS:
|
6
|
|||
# of SCENT OPTIONS:
|
4
|
|||
Description
|
E*
|
|||
Reps:
|
10
|
|||
% Success Rate:
|
100
|
|||
Target in #
|
3
|
|||
Time:
|
2:42
|
|||
ORIGIN of SAMPLE: Tonic/clonic seizure; spit samples collected on cotton rounds). Clonazepam given after 2 minutes of seizure activity.
COMMENTS:
A* We need another box for what space the scent was in in previous trials. First try with the new scent, went better than expected. From her response I suspect the scent was the same but, being fresh out of the freezer (thawed) it didn’t have the built-up power of the previous scent samples. Syn had little difficulty finding it and alerting on it, but she also alerted regularly on a previous can that I took that can out (I THINK it was the one we were using yesterday but not sure).
B* Second session, previous bad can removed, almost perfect, but still more difficult to find the new sample than previous ones.
C* I replenished the kibble in a couple of tins, and she got stupid for the first 5 reps. So 0% for the first five. I reset each time, just asking her to come over to heel position, holding her still for a sec, then sending her again. The 6th time she had settled down and found the scent, and was 100% after that.
D* One more session just to be sure, yep, she’s got it.
E* Spritzed 2 gauze pads with distilled water and added them to empty bottles on the wheel. No problem, though she looked more thoroughly than she had before. Tomorrow we’ll try the canine SS, and after that perhaps I’ll get a couple of strange people to chew gauze pads to include human non-SS in the mix, and after that I’d like to use SS and non-SS from the same person on the wheel. I have a concern about the refrigerated target scent. Does cold smell? I want to bring the target scent up to room temperature before using it each time but not sure it’s necessary?
No comments:
Post a Comment